Sunday, July 7, 2013

Girl's 2nd Birthday Party, Tangled themed!

Here's another throwback, the birthday party we did for our daughter's 2nd birthday party.  Here's the thing, I really like doing themed parties.  I honestly feel like if I didn't enjoy the creativity that comes from crafting your own themed decorations, then I'd probably get really really lazy and put off doing anything for the party until the last minute.  But doing themes helps get my creativity going and helps me focus and plan ahead.

So when the girl turned 2 in July 2011, her favorite movie at the moment was Disney's Tangled so we went with that theme.

For these lanterns I simply found a print out, printed out about a dozen of them on printer paper, taped them together and hung them to the light strand with yellow yarn.  Easy peezy.  The reason why I decorate the night before the party, is because I love seeing the look of surprise on their face when they wake up in the morning like "Holy crap!  My party is today!"


All I did here was put some hooks in the ceiling and hang some fairy lights up and then attach lanterns.  So it sort of looked like the birthday festival of lights Rapunzal has.



The store bought paper plates and stuff.  We're not too fancy for that!


For favor bags, I made a cut out stencil of the sun from the movie and then just painted in the stencil with purple paint.


I don't know if you can tell, but this birthday hat is a birthday cake.



Another shot of the lights, this has the pendant banner I made for the party.  I used the same sun stencil, and just painted a bunch of yellow suns on purple card stock paper I bought.  Then I strung a gold ribbon through each pendant to hang it up.


This was an idea I got from somewhere on the internet.  It's blue jello, and after the jello sets you just slice orange wedges to make boats and attach little sails made out of purple felt and toothpicks.


Had to include these photos of her hugging on Grandpa :)






The cake was also pretty easy.  1) Call store and order Tangled theme cake.  2)  Go to store and give them money and they give you a cake.  Done!



Yay!  It was a super fun party and our little sunshine face made our whole day with how playful and happy she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment